"The greatest day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. The gift of life is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you get to determine the quality of it. Live the next five years on purpose. Now is the time. Imagine the possibilities. Go places, have adventures, make a real difference, do what you love. Follow your dreams, they know the way."

Thursday, January 27, 2011

snow adventures: the good, the bad and the hilarious.

well well well. this has been one crazy/hectic/amazing month. but most of all AMAZING.

I decided to re-start my 2011 on January 2nd (I got into a small car accident on Jan. 1st...learned the hard way that Civic's don't like snow). But on a more positive note - I got to spend time with my friends Kelley and Kristine up in Breckenridge. It'll be the first of many visits being that one of my best friends from Cal Poly is living there for winter. In fact, it turns out I was up in Breck just 5 days later for a retreat/ski trip with my company and had a blast! And then Kim and I moved into our great little loft right in "LoDo" (Lower Downtown) and got going right away making it our cozy Denver home. It's such a blast being able to walk everywhere around downtown - especially my commute to work (a whole 6 blocks).
exploring RMNP with the girls!

And then, we had our very first visitor!!!! Erin graced us with her presence the very next weekend :) After a night out on the town, we went to one of my favorite brunch spots in town (my "favorite" list keeps growing...) called Gaia's on this adorable little street (South Pearl) that reminds me a bit of SLO. They serve you french press coffee...does it get any better?! Estes Park was having a winter festival so we headed up into the mountains (in Kim's car this time) and found ourselves in the stunning Rocky Mountain National Park. My friends Courtney and Rachel joined us for the mountain escapade of snow hiking, big horn sheep encounters and attempts at jumping pics in the snow (fail). Thanks so much for coming to visit Erin!!! Can't wait for you to come during baseball season!

No comments:

Post a Comment